Operation Song’s 5th Annual Warrior Outreach Concert will take place on April 14, from 7-9 p.m., at the National Infantry Museum, 1775 Legacy Way, Columbus, GA 31903.
During this event, professional songwriters work with service men and women to piece together their individual experiences into a song they can call their own. By sharing their song, they can connect with others and tell the story of their experiences.
In just one day, partnered songwriters and service members will meet, create personalized songs, and perform at the end of the night. The talent of the songwriters, coupled with the bravery of the Warriors and their families, brings life to and immortalizes the stories of these citizens.
Participating Songwriters for 2018 include:
• Tim Maggart — This local singer-songwriter’s current CD, “Things I Never Said” was recently named Country Album of the Year by the North American Country Music Association.
• Bob Regan — Operation Song’s founder’s credits include ”Dig Two Graves” and “Thinking About You” — performed by country music legends Randy Travis and Trisha Yearwood, respectively.
• Don Goodman — Credits include: “Ol’ Red,” Performed by Blake Shelton, Kenny Rogers & George Jones. “Feelins’,” Performed by Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn.
• Charlie Black — Credits include: “You Lie,” performed by Reba McIntyre and “Right On The Money,” performed by Alan Jackson.
• Doug Gill — He wrote and recorded “I Just Come Here For The Music,” which was performed by Don and Alison Krauss.
• Lynn Langham — A native Texan who began her songwriting career in Austin and now lives in Nashville, TN.
• Laural Taylor — Nashville resident, who moved to the city at 18 and learned her songwriting chops from Don Goodman, whose song “Ol’ Red” was recorded by George Jones and later Kenny Rogers
For the last four years, Operation Song has been hosted by Warrior Outreach Inc. & Samuel M. Rhodes, Rivertown Ford, Valley Hospitality and Nashville songwriter Bob Regan. Their dream is to help service members and their families heal through the power of music.
An Ice Breaker Social will be held the night before on April 13, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at 6380 GA Highway 219, Fortson, GA. 31808
Rivertown Ford is proud to be a sponsor of Warrior Outreach, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping veterans, active service members, and their families.